Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Don't get me started...

I've discovered a very bad thing about myself. I seldom get angry but when I do? Holy cow, it takes a long time for me to let it go. Tonight, after working all day on uploding some marketing videos to You Tube for a client, I accidentally deleted one of their videos. I got so freakishly mad at myself I was pounding my fist agsint my leg, screaming and cursing up a blue streak. I was so disgusted and mad at myself I could not believe it! My friend J was here when it happened and got to witness my hissy fit. It was not pretty. It was not even THAT big of a deal, as I can just upload it again, but I lost all my comments and hit counts and the client had already given the link out to people and I had to tell them it was now...gone. Not the end of the world, but embarassing in front of the client. Hopefully they will not think I'm an idiot.

So after this happened, my friend and I went to dinner and I let it eat at me the entire time. I was very grumpy and could not stop thinking about it. What is my problem? I used to describe myself as laid back, but the older I get, the LESS laid back I become. I am much quicker to anger than I used to be, and I don't like it one bit. In fact, my anger frankly just makes me very angry.

I've had one of those weeks where I've had a few things to be angry about. Two weeks ago I took my car to the shop explaining, "The gas mileage is crummy (14.5 mpg). So they give it a tune up and now I'm getting 8.5 mpg. Thanks a bunch. They also messed up my front passenger door lock and it won't lock...but I just realized that this weekend and have been driving around with my iPod and $3000 worth of video camera equipment in the car unlocked. I take it back to them, saying, "My gas mileage is worse and the door won't lock." And the guy who worked on my car is at another shop across town and they want me to take it to THAT shop so he can fix his work.

Now, mind you, the reason I took my car to this shop is because it is near my house and I can walk home. So I get mad about that. And I get mad because he tells me there's no earthly way a vehicle with a new tuneup can get worse gas mileage. So I tell him to check the overhead display module, the mpg is listed there. And as soon as that comment left my mouth I knew it was a mistake because then he said, "Oh, those aren't accurate. That's your problem!" Well, it's all relative, right? If I've always used that module to calculate my mph and it's now worse, his reasoning does not make sense. But, I believe since I am a woman, he will not take me seriously. So, he couldn't fix the door because he had to order a part that they bent the first time around. So now I have to take it back AGAIN when the part comes in. What happened to customer service?

I mean, really.

I'm grumpy.

Quit snickering. It's not funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kanga Jen said...

I actually didn't even almost snicker. I am FURIOUS at your car repair place. You could calculate your mpg the old fashioned way (fill up, drive for a while, fill up again) and show him how bad it is. And taking it back to the same guy who did the shoddy work in the first place? Are they insane?

Now I'm grumpy too. Thanks a lot, miss merry sunshine. :-)

4:09 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

They said they pay the guys by the hour so they did not want to have to pay another employee to fix what a DIFFERENT employee messed up. Fine, but why can't they tell the employee to come back to this store so the customer doesn't have to drive across town. Then, when I asked about liability if I had THEM drive the car across town he got defensive saying he wasn't a fly-by-night company and of course they had millions of dollars in insurance. Yeah, okay, buddy. Whatever. I was actually more upset about the video deletion. LOL

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home