Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Listen, do you want to know a secret?

I am skinny.

I live in a log home in the San Juan Mountains.

I make $125,000 a year.

Barack Obama is president of the United States.

No, I haven't been drinking. I've been watching the Oprah-endorsed DVD "The Secret," which is about the Laws of Attraction. All you have to do is visualize what you want in life and it will come to you. Like a runner visualizing himself or herself crossing the finish line first, you simply decide what you want from the Universe and imagine it.

Crackpot ideas? Maybe. There were certainly parts of the DVD that had me rolling my eyes and talking to the TV. But, overall, I do subscribe to the think-positive vibe, to the fact that we are all made up of energy, that mind over matter does work. There are some very useful things to be taken from The Secret. But to be sure, there are many eyebrow-raising moments as well.

But, I figure, a little positive thinking and visualizing never hurt anybody, right?

I am a size 2. I have to shop in the Petite section. Wow, a medium-size shirt simply swallows me.

Man, this feels good. Now if I can only do this without snickering.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kanga Jen said...

My friend recommended I read The Alchemist. Have you read it? I'm in the middle of it and I am not sure I'm buying into it totally, but it sounds like you're in a good place to give it a try. I'll mail you my copy when I finish it.

Hey, I like the log home thin, espeically if you assure that there is enough room for visitors. Especially during ski season. After a fabulous weekend of skiing (best snow out here in our piddly east coast resorts I've seen yet), I am dying to try real skiing. My family will be visiting you in the next winter or so. Do try to have your log cabin set up by then.

And I am ALL OVER President Obama.
(ha! That statement can be taken many ways)
Did I tell you about the t-shirt I got for E? Check this out:
http://www.babypolitico.com/product_detail_obama.html
(She has the t-shirt version, not the onsie).

You go girl. Are you working on losing weight? Have you heard of sparkpeople? (Doesn't work so much for me, but it's free and I have several friends who have lost 40+ pounds on it)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kanga Jen said...

I tagged you. See my blog. :-)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home