Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Spielberg, Koontz..there are no famous web designers

...so that should tell me something. But why is it that no matter what I'm doing in the present, I'm constantly thinking, "This is not what I want to REALLY be doing?" Why can't I ever seem to be content with the way things are? I don't even LIKE change all that much, but I can't seem to find that one thing in my life that gives me meaning. My career is going better than it has in, well, forever, but when pressed about it I would say, "Yeah...I'm thinking of maybe changing fields." Am I nuts? Why can't I just accept something, work really hard to be great at it and stop thinking of new avenues?

I think part of my problem is I have so many freakin' interests. It's not like I'm a science person, or an art person...I'm not any ONE thing. I'm everything. You'd think that might be cool, charming, even. Oh THAT one's into everything, there's nothing she hasn't tried. But you know what, it's not charming at all. It's really annoying. I play around with some wood and wood glue, and suddenly my new hobby is woodworking. I buy some software that allows me to edit videos, suddenly I'm a film maker. I read about global warming and I want to make a difference and start a carbon credit company. Which I did. Web site's up TODAY! I'm into photography, web design, offroading. Will you PLEASE pick one passion and just stick with it? Just that one? You have so many interests and hobbies you can't seem to find time to do any of them well.

I start projects and never finish them. I have approximately 4,524 video projects unfinished. I have approximately 11,256 short stories/film scripts/novels that have absolutely no plot, but have great beginnings and very cute, witty characters. I have toys from my mother's home that I planned to sell on eBay. I have half a newly seeded yard. I have scrapbooks upon scrapbooks with loose crap in them. I have photos that are barely identifiable because it's been so long since I took the picture I can't remember the person's name that's IN the picture.

I know people without a single hobby. They go to work, come home, watch TV and go to bed. Me? Hobbies are getting in the way of my career. I will make a fantastic retired person. I could retire right now and never, EVER get bored. But see, to retire, you actually need a job to retire from...and that's what I keep changing too. What's it going to be today? Video editing? Web design? I know, I'm going to sell my photography and make a living. Right.

Someone needs to HOLY COW, I just noticed Blogger saves my drafts automatically now so I don't accidentally hit the wrong button and lose my post. Now that's cool. Anyway...

2 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Ohh, I'm so GLAD you're back on line. You really are an interesting person.

8:08 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Ha. Thanks Mom. But don't get too excited. You never know with me, I may not post again until February 2008. LOL. But I promise to try harder to think of things to write about.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home