Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Where's Mare?

So, I've been away from my blog for quite a while. I have lots to write about but nothing to say, it seems. I need to write a tribute to my Mom someday soon. I miss her so much; I keep finding myself looking at the clock to determine if it's a good time to call her based on her social and dining schedule...and then I remember. I think it's going to take a while to get over that. I've called her, Madge and Aunt Sis and Uncle William pretty much every single weekend since I left for college and in the past few years, I would call Mom 2-3 times a week...so it is hard not to make that phone call to somebody on the weekends. Sigh.

Business is ridiculously good. I'm so busy I'm a little panicky. But in a good way. No complaints.

The other major thing happening right now is that I've decided FINALLY to start looking for a house to buy. I looked at some houses yesterday and today and got the news that I qualify for a much nicer house than I was expecting at the monthly mortgage I wanted to stay under. So, that is exciting and means I can look at some nicer places, because, let's face it, the ones I've looked at in the past 24 hours were bad. More on that soon. Some humorous stories in that arena.

I had a fantastic time with my second family in Estes Park last month. I hope we can do it again next year!

I'm working out more and trying to eat better. I've loss 6 pounds the first week, so I'm encouraged, at least. I'm pretty sure I'll gain all that back in a week or so. LOL

Anyway, just wanted to make a post to say...more to come...

2 Comments:

Blogger lrd said...

I'm glad you're back, Mare. I've missed hearing about you.
Congrats on the getting in shape stuff, too! I know you will do great things with that!

Love you!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Kanga Jen said...

Glad to see you posting again!!!

I can't wait to hear about the houses. I was on Realtor.com looking through Colorado Springs to see if I could figure out which houses you were looking at. There are a lot of houses for sale over there.

I've been thinking about your mom. There's one particular picture I have of her in my mind, and I don't know if it's one of my old ones or your old ones. I was going to go through some of my old pictures today to see if I could find it. She was always such a loving, calming presence...

Congrats on the weight loss!! That's great! You lost in a week what I lost in 5 weeks. If you're interested in keeping track of calories and fat/protein/carb sorts of things, fitday.com and sparkpeople.com are both free and good. Hey - I lifted weights again last night (read, I can move my arms again). Went back to the 3 pound weights though.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home