Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Cottonwood Pass

Today we took Cottonwood Pass to the spine of the Continental Divide and enjoyed a day of driving, photography and wildflowers. We also enjoyed time at two city parks in Buena Vista, where we ate at our favorite BV places, Kay's Delite and Pizzaworks. Not exactly on the diet but it was a special occasion, which pretty much means it was the weekend.

We were having a lovely time watching a remote control sailboat on the pond until two young hooligans rode up on their very noisy motorized scooters and began shooting cap guns. Cap guns and 13-year old Australian Shepherds do not mix well. At all. So, the rest of our time in the park was spent trying to keep Scooter calm while he was whining and pulling and jerking at the leash. He wanted back in the car. Preferably if the car was in another zip code. So, that annoyed me to no end. But, we had a nice day.

Upon arriving home, Auntie called at 9:00 pm and we talked for an hour and a half. I think I kept her up past her bedtime but she was as talkative as me, so I don't think she minded.

Anyway, here's a video of our day:

2 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Keep it going, Jeepgirl! I love it.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Kanga Jen said...

Boootiful!!!
We'll call you on Friday!!!
:-)
Jen

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home