Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I need a bitch walk.

In college, J and I would go on a "bitch walk" when we were upset or frustrated and needed to vent. We would walk around the apartment complex, go around the pool and end up on the roof of the rec center, venting our frustrated out into the world. I could sure use a bitch walk today.

What a day. A client, for whom I've always bent over backward, calls and is unhappy with the level of customer service I've been providing in certain areas. Actually, they stressed it was not ME, it was my programmer, who I have to rely on to handle certain technical issues. And yes, this is one of the top clients I called every day from Estes Park. While she was on vacation, her CEO called me to tell me a piece of their web site had not been working since August 1. He didn't call until August 8th. He did not indicate this was a serious issue and indeed, he waited a week to even alert me about it. Long story short, I find out today it was indeed a VERY important issue and we had yet to solve it, even though I told him we'd get to it as soon as we could...but he did not then say it was critical. So, I get reamed out for that. Then I'm told, as a result, the bid for next year's web site, that I had been told I had wrapped up, is suddenly going out in an RFP to other designers. Sigh. So, this is potentially a huge amount of business for 2008 I thought I had sewn up. I'm very bummed about it.

I was on the phone for 4 hours dealing with this today. But at the same time, I get three requests for proposals this week but ALL of them have super fast deadlines. And I just booked 6 days in Ouray for late September. Couldn't have been worse timing. I book them Sunday, thinking I had a couple of projects to finish up before then and now I have all these RUSH web sites coming in the door. When it rains it pours. I couldn't get arrested in this town two years ago and now everyone wants me. Everyone but today's client. LOL

So tonight I went, at a client's invitation, to a baseball game tonight and got to sit on the picnic terrace and have free food right on the first base line. After the day I had it was a lot of fun to kick back and meet the spouses and kids of the people I've been working with. So, that was a nice way to end the day. A foul ball came right to us and hit the poor woman next to me on her inner thigh and bounced over my head into the waiting glove of 8-year old girl. The woman that got hit did not make a big deal over it but limped out to the parking lot, so I know it hurt pretty bad. What is it about foul balls finding me when I attend ballgames? It's just weird.

And now, because I'm so stressed over losing this client (and right when I'm house hunting) I decided to take a Xanax to try to sleep. But so far it hasn't kicked i

2 Comments:

Blogger Kanga Jen said...

Well Crap!!!

I'm sorry. :-( It sounds like this was a fairly high maintenance client. Anytime you bend over backward and it's not enough, that's a bad sign. Part of me wants to say you're better off without them hounding you, but I know it's sure nice to be able to pay bills. In your kind of work, you probably need to grow very thick skin as people will come and go. YOU know you're doing a good job (and I do). In any case, I'm sorry you're having to deal with it.

I can't believe you and foul balls. That's very very weird.

I miss our bitch walks. They worked very well. Virtual ones work OK too...

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wqhv vwvnz [URL=http://www.blowjobs234.com]Blowjobs[/URL] hocnrn g oe y hzc

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home