Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

We're an American Band

So, did anyone but me catch the English bros on a commercial last night for "American Band" during "So You Think You Can Dance?" And yes, I admit it, I'm a reality show junkie. Say it to my face.

So I'm watching a commercial and it's from the producers of American Idol and they have a new show where bands can compete, called "American Band." And halfway through the commercial they show W singing by himself and I grabbed the remote and rewound and sure enough, it was him! Then 15 seconds later it showed all the brothers singing "Tumblin' Tumbleweed" and I freaked out! LOL. I called W today and they were actually invited to send in an audition tape and they finally decided, after talking to the show, that it was too much of a commitment should they make it on the show and have to fly to LA. They are having success with their new venture and didn't want to put a crimp in that....but, anyway, it was quite a shock to see them on TV!

On the topic of realty TV, I thought I would share something stupid I did this week. I was watching "America's Got Talent," which is a show I swore I would not watch because I can't stand David Hasselhoff, but it's actually pretty entertaining and I have a favorite singer, Cas Haley, that's from Arlington, TX, and I'm hoping he wins.

Well, I vote for American Idol all the time and had never voted for this show, but decided on the final performance night I would call to vote for Cas. So I have a system I've used with American Idol. I just dial the number, wait a few seconds until I'm sure it connected, hang up and hit redial. I can make a lot of calls in an hour with this system and I don't have to sit with the phone to my ear. I just wait until I figure it's been connected and then hang up.

So, I decide to vote for Cas, and after about an hour of voting, while watching another show, I actually listened to the message that was playing each time I dialed and it said, "Thank you for voting for Talent #3. Only your first ten votes count."

I sat there an hour. Voting. For nothing. I'm an idiot.

Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kanga Jen said...

WOW!!!!
You're kidding!!!
I am so mad at them now for not going through with it. PPhhbbttt on their business. They should have done it just so I could have claimed to have known them!!
How COOL though.
Can you say HS stories? LOL. Where's Barry Manilow?

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home