Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

This summed up my week....

So I've had one of those weeks where everything goes wrong. The new HD video camera I bought has a weird distortion problem when tracking moving objects, completely obliterating the entire reason I purchased it. The Forest Service is going to make me pay a commercial fee to video tape in Pike National Forest to make my DVD and I'm awaiting the verdict of how much. Photoshop repeatedly crashes. I've washed the same load of towels three, count 'em, THREE times because I forget I've washed them and then two days later open the washer and smell the mildewy towels. So I wash them again and forget AGAIN to put them in the dryer and have to wash AGAIN. Today, I was weed wacking the grass in my little back yard and since I had accidentally hit and sliced open the rubber hose that carries water to my Swamp Cooler LAST time I weed eated and created a huge leak and had to go to Home Depot and repair the entire set up, I was very careful today when weedeating around it but managed to cut it open AGAIN, creating once again, a leak and a trip to Home Depot. And then -- I got stuck in a compost toilet.

No, sadly, I'm not kidding.

J, Scooter and I take a drive up the Pass to see a house for sale in Green Mountain Falls, which is a sleepy little town near where the Pikes Peak Highway begins. There's a great little lake with a gazebo in the middle. By the time I got there, I had to usse the restroom. So, I go to the toilet while J takes Scooter over to the water. I do my business, try to open the door...and nothing. The dead-bolt is not engaged, the handle lock is popped out...but I can't open it. I kick the bottom, throw my shoulder into the door...and nothing.

Sigh. This is seriously how my week has gone.

After 10 minutes, I'm hoping someone will see the door being jerked and hear the noise and come running to help, but no such luck. I remembered my cell phone and figured I didn't have a signal in the mountains, but I did and I called J, figuring she wouldn't have a signal either, but she did. So I explain my predicament, and after she finished laughing, she came over to the toilet and we kicked and jerked the door for another 5 minutes, but to no avail. I had visions of the Green Mountain Falls Fire Department pulling up, sirens blazing, to rescue me. Finally, Jan smacked the top of the door from the outside and it popped open.

This sort of thing can only happen to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

LOL I've done lots of rewashing and repair for "accidents" but never been locked inside a toilet! My tendency toward claustrophobia would have caused me to lose it!

7:21 AM  
Blogger lrd said...

That is really funny. You are right...only you!

So what was the house like?

10:06 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Well, I didn't go IN the house, just looked at it from the outside, and it was up a VERY steep dirt road that was rutted and would have been a BEAR of a road to get up and down in winter. This area is about 1000 feet higher up in elevation than I am now, so winter comes earlier and stays later, too. Looked at a nice house today in a beautiful, desirable neighborhood with mountain views but peaked in the window and the kitchen was TINY and had no place to put a table. Sigh. The search continues.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Kanga Jen said...

Oh my gosh. I would have been hysterical (not in the haha funny sense). Was it smelly? AAGGHH!!!!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home