Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A new nest

So it's been a while since I've written. When I wrote last, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. And in the weeks since that post I've unfortunately only made decisions that are going to add to that feeling.

I've bought a house.

Yeah, I'm freaking out a little bit but it was a great deal on a beautiful home in the neighborhood I wanted. With a deck and fireplace and a view of Pikes Peak. It's really adorable and I'm scared to death. I've been wanting my own place ever since I moved out here and I'm excited about decorating and landscaping and all those other fun-at-first-not-so-much-later aspects of home ownership.

I've been shopping for the new house. My basic list looks like this:

1. Dining room area rug
2. Living room area rug
3. Dining room table and chairs
4. Motion light for front porch
5. Plasma TV
6. TV Stand for Plasma TV because I'm so over big boxy entertainment centers now
7. Lawn mower
8. Fire pit for backyard
9. Shelf liner
10. Casters for furniture
11. Swifter (can you tell I have Pergo floors? Not looking forward to that)
12. Window alarms
13. Intercom system for front door

That's just off the top of my head. Oh, and as of last night, #5 has been completed. Yes, Jen, I took the plunge. Got a great deal. I am going to wait to bring it home until I move. 42 inches of Texas Aggie football. I can't wait. Unless they lose. It will only make it worse.

So, I've replaced my feelings of being overwhelmed with life and feeling sad with new feelings of being overwhelmed with life and being a bit more happy. At least this will take my mind off things for a while. But that's not necessarily a healthy way to deal with things. But whatever. We deal with things the only way we know how, right? Some people go to therapy. I buy a house and spend ridiculous amounts of time thinking about area rugs and shelf liner colors.

Oh, and get this: The house is on 24th street. I guess I'm destined to live on 24th street, which was my childhood home's address. I thought that was really cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Hey, what a great move! I like it and I love the fact that you're not shoulder to shoulder to other houses at this time! Dog's got room to roam!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home