Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Band Hallucinations

This morning I'm in my back yard, watering my grass and playing Frisbee with Rio when I hear this very loud fart noise. As if a giant were standing over my house and cut one loose. I'm sitting there contemplating the realistic causes of the sound when suddenly I see movement on the hillside behind my house. And there, walking along the ridge of the hill, silhouetted against the morning sky, was a man with a marching-style tuba. It was one of those rub-your-eyes-and-blink moments to make sure what you were seeing was really what you were seeing. I cannot offer an explanation of why a man was walking along the top of a hill at 7:30 in the morning playing a tuba when he was a) not a kid in band and b) there are no schools in my area.

Nothing like taking a morning stroll with your tuba. It was so completely random.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kanga Jen said...

Why do these sorts of things only happen to you? You just attract weirdness.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not entirely sure. But you're right, I'm a weird magnet.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange to say the least! Maybe you need an eye checkup. Love you!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home