Hell's Giftshop

Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't think we're quite there yet. I would say we're close. We're more like...in Hell's Giftshop.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 43-yr. old music lover, off-road enthusiast, camper, gotta-be-outside mountain chick.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Start of Something Special

Where I come from in Texas, there are two colors of leaves: Green and dead. Here in colorful Colorado, the leaves span the entire spectrum -- gold, banana yellow, rust, orange, maroon, berry red. Mid-September signals the beginning of these changes, so this weekend, I took a drive to Cripple Creek (off the beaten path, of course) to see the leaves begin their metamorphosis.






Most of the aspens in the high country had begun their annual journey to the ground -- their edges were tinted a soft yellow or orange. In two more weeks the majority of Colorado's mountains will be awash in brilliant patchworks of color. My favorite thing to do is leave the pavement at this time of year and head to the mountains on the offroads. Today we left the highway above Cripple Creek several miles out of town and went in the old fashioned way...on old mining roads. My new camera-mount system, the Sticky Pod, hung onto my Jeep for dear life and recorded the journey...






God, I love Colorado :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kanga Jen said...

Wow.

Couple of comments:
1) amazing video!
2) let's play scrabble the next time I come visit you. :-)

Thanks! How cool,
Jen

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home